Chevron is a multinational company in the energy industry which operates worldwide with a wide range of business strategies constantly growing and expanding its operational scope.
Buenos Aires Shared Services Center (BASSC) is a global operation offering Finance and IT Services to support Chevron´s worldwide business. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of JDE Application Developer with advanced English level to join our ITC team in our Shared Services Center located in Puerto Madero, Argentina.
Application Developer position is placed on global ERP/JDE implementation, modification and/or enhancement projects and can fill the role of App Developer, project lead, or design architect.
Responsibilities for this position will be:
• During non-project time, work on open enhancement tickets or assist production support with fix tickets.
• Actively participate on projects, primarily from design through go-live stages.
• Determine business requirements and prepare technical spec documents that meet those requirements
while protecting the integrity of the production system.
• Work closely with business analysts during the build and configuration.
• Assist with testing: scope, preparation of test scripts, expected outcome, positive/negative/regression
• Assist with training: scope, documentation, training execution.
• Other deliverables can include preparing business for change management and pre-cutover activity.
• Prioritize and work tickets.
• Stay current on any new policies or changes to policies/processes that could impact project
management and/or execution.
• Stay well-versed in the ticket management system, change request/approval process, and the rules and restrictions that could apply to the geographical area where the project is based.
Required qualifications and skills:
• Deep knowledge of JDE Toolkit; Interactive and Batch applications, Power Forms, C Business Functions,
• Basic background knowledge related to Interfaces, Business Services and BI-Publisher.
• Good background knowledge related to SQL queries, DB triggers and JDE triggers.
• High background related to ASUs, ESUs, SARs, Bug-Fix and Paper-Fix installations (retrofitting
• Expertise to develop and implementing programing changes as well as testing and making
• Understanding of IT concepts such as application configuration, database schemas, Integration,
programming, system landscapes, and Business Intelligence
• Strong analytical skills to analyze business processes and associated systems to identify and quickly
resolve application issues. Ability to coordinate technical assistance from internal and external peer IT
organizations to resolve issues.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
• Ability to translate IT issues so that they are easily understandable by Business Partners
• Team Player
• 5+ years experience debugging all kind of JDE objects, analyzing JDE logs and checking performance
(caching, buffered inserts, synchronous and asynchronous processing).